Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

All My Friends Are Dead!

No, not all my friends. Believe it or not it’s the title of a book. I stumbled upon this  precious WTF, while shopping downtown with one of my girl friends. We found it not in a book store, but, a shop that sold mostly clothes, jewelry and knickknacks, which, made our discovery of it all the more surprising. I’m pretty sure my mouth was still gaping open as I held it up for her to see, still trying to decide whether I should laugh or be horrified. I went with laughing, because, well, I just couldn't’ help it. It was too funny. As we flipped through the pages the laughter increased to the point where I thought we were going to get kicked out of the store, but we didn't, probably because I decided to buy the book and show it to NC.  And pretty much all of my other friends too.  

This is the cover: 


















And a few of my favorite parts from the book . . . 

The tree:















Poor guy! But, it gets even sadder. . . 

The End Table:














:(

The yeti:














And my personal favorite, the baker, whose friends are all bread, and soon to all be dead! After being eaten alive of course














So heart breaking! 


I think this book would be depressing, perhaps should be depressing, but, it’s just so incredibly bizarre, that I just can’t help but laugh. So what did I do with it in the end? Gave it to my sister of course! My brother dubbed her “The Queen of Weird Gifts” years ago, after receiving a chocolate brain from her for Christmas, but, I think I out did her with this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment